The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

17.1.05

Rather like snails' shells....

...is the only way to describe my calendar today, only they seem more triangular in shape. In fact, more like pyramids or tee-pees. So, snail wig-wams then. It's also Martin Luther King Jnr Day too.

Friday night was a mad one... did something I hadn't done for ages - other than stay sober, of course - and that was collapse in a heap on Rufus' kitchen floor, literally, only to wake two hours later to find the lights off, and I that had been surrounded by cushions and covered with my big black overcoat! Not an experience I wish to repeat... I was on the white wine though and they do say it is the devil's bathwater... ...although the inter-web will not tell me why...

...needless to say I scolded myself the next day, when i couldn't move before two o'clock in the afternoon, and then had to do the walk (in this case bus ride) of shame in nothing but my smelly booze sodden work clothes.

Interesting conversation on the bus though (not me, I could barely speak, the three kids next to me) - one of them had leant his mate £40 to pay for a new mobile phone and was having an argument with his girlfriend about it. He was annoyed that his mate had now spent the money on something else when he wanted to use it for a phone himself too, and now obviously neither of them had any money for phones, which had been reduced to £20 a piece... anyway, he was apparently taking it out on his girlfriend, who was one of the three, and she wasn't happy about it........

...they were ten years old...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home