The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

9.6.05

Chesham

It's a small town at the very end of the Metropolitan line - I had to go there yesterday which wasn't that bad as it was a day out of the office and the weather was great. Funny part of the world that - definitely not London, but definitely not countryside either. Has a Metroland/1930s feel to it...

Was amused by the number of schoolies on the tube at that time of day too (was a very early start for Inane as I had to be out of the smoke and up there by nine) - especially amused by the two lads sat opposite most of the way, studying for A-Level Chemistry, only to be interupted and embarassed by their chemistry teacher getting on board - I really thought the teacher trying to freak them out by saying nothing was hilarious, and you could tell he was loving it! Suddenly realised that not only was I sharing in teachers' jokes on the kids, but I am now also friends with a few teachers myself - concequently, it dawned on me that I am quite a lot older than I used to be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home