The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

10.2.05

Brits

Now, I'm not one to get on my high horse about much, but I've always been left exacerbated by the Great British public when it comes to music polls. Last night's Brits are no exception,... whilst I have a guilty liking for warbling Robbie Williams' Angels at various drunken karaoke events in my time, I certainly thought the title of Best Single of the last 25 years could have gone elsewhere.... how about one of the following 25 artists from that period?

Joy Division
The Jam
Madness
Culture Club
New Order
Tears for Fears
David Bowie
Human League
Pet Shop Boys
Depeche Mode
The Stone Roses
Happy Mondays
Suede
Blur
Oasis
Pulp
Supergrass
Prodigy
The Chemical Brothers
Fatboy Slim
Basement Jaxx
Coldplay
Travis
Keane
Franz Ferdinand

There are probably loads others too... ...oh well...

1 Comments:

Blogger Scattergun said...

Exacerbated? Exasperated, surely? 8o)

So old "Potter" Williams won did he? From 1980 to 2005, his was the best? Arseburgers.

It's like when Westlife won Artist of the Millenium - best of the last 1000 years. Poppycock.

Just shows you the sort of people who vote - it don't half make me mad....

3:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home