The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

9.2.05

Alternative remedies

So, these are the things I cannot drink - amongst friends/colleagues, I have tried to define as "anything brown in a glass", a better definition would be "anything golden/brown/black and fizzy (or flat) in a glass made product" - but to be more precise: lager, beer, bitter, ale, stout, porter, all in a draught or bottle.

I have found some exceptions to the rule but I have decided if I'm going to do it, I may as well do it properly.

What I've discovered so far:

Vodka and Tonic - absolutely no carbs in Vodka, and you can find slimline tonic in some places, although the last time I asked for that in our work local (possible sign of heavy drinking number one: I have a local for working hours??) - I found the last time I asked for that though, the barmaid asked me and The Overlord where our girlfriends were, and laughed at us...

Anyway, they do serve Vodka and tonic in our actual local, but it isn't very good quality and costs a lot more than beer (suspect i am going to find this with everything...) A good Friday night boozy drink though...!

Red Red Wine - Hmmmm... now, this not only makes me drink slower, it's also good for you too (like everything, in a sensible amount). And I like it. Price and quality vary, of course. Our local does it's own, which is pleasant enough, but it instantly stains your teeth blue... better quality costs more, but I can moderate the amopunt I drink...

I appreciate everyone's support in this (especially those that are joining in) - I tell you what though, it's day three and I'm gasping for a pint!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scattergun said...

Red wine is the way forward - especially Argentinian Malbec. However, when you end up having a bottle to yourself, it can be problematic... especially with the hangovers.

Vodka on the other hand has no known negative side-effects and any scientist who says otherwise is a damn liar! In fact, it's good for you. I heard it improves your brainpower. Or something. I forget....

10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home