The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

26.1.05

Down & Under

Quite a manic few days for Inane - I've also been feeling under the weather - but things are a little more sedate now, so that comfortably numb* feeling is returning...

My calendar (artistic shot of tiny bubbles, or an ehanced photo of raindrops - but I am fast losing interest!) informs me that today is Australia Day (in Australia - like I didn't guess). Apart from an excuse for all the Aussies we know to get drunk (because let's face it, throwing another shrimp on the barbie is NOT an option at this time of year over here unless you wrap up very warm!)... Kind of makes one proud to be an Australian, so I'm told, especially at a time when the Aussie sporting prowess is not what it used to be...

...Okay, so that link was kind of mean, because let's face it, there doesn't seem to much to say about England these days. Perhaps we need a new National Holiday - an oportunity to recharge our batteries at a time when morale is low?

Anyway, I'll be celebrating Australia Day (and a belated Burns Night) with a wee dram and a pint of Fosters down our local later...


* (Pink Floyd fans may prefer to look here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home