The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

18.3.05

St Pats and Sping at last.... (my nose was right!)

Pink marble, a tree's rings, rasberries on Friday 11th (Red Nose Day) , a wet sandy beach marked by waves visible only once the tide has gone out, a perper aeroplane that looks like a butterfly against a sunny sky backdrop and yesterday, shamroocks made of candy....

...on that note, thanks to The Overlord for finding this:

"Are you one of those complete wankers who claims to be Irish because your great-great-great-great grandfather twice removed once lived there for a bit before opting to desert the country and go somewhere else instead? Great! Because if you are, you can now buy a piece of Ireland."

Sums up how I feel this morning - 24 hours ago, I was quite up for St Pats (excuse to temporarilly suspend the beer ban, for Guinness only) . However, the pub was colonised by the above mentioned wankers*. Also, the pub had been conning us for weeks about the extent of the "party", for us only to discover that whilst there were plently of balloons, there were no free hats/inflatable pints in sight! (you know the ones, only available on the consumption of six pints of Guinness) I feel let down by the whole experience and next year, will be having my own party at my place (hats will of course be provided!)

Speaking of which, I have a leaving do/birthday party to plan...



* Must confess at this point my great great grandfather was from County Kerry. Admitedly, that was a long time ago, and yes, I can be a bit of a wanker from time to time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Scattergun said...

"A bit"? 8o)

2:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home