The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

14.2.05

VD

VD - Valentines Day. For once, the old calendar has set the tone, with a soft focus close up of some heart shaped choccies in a box. They actually look like dark chocolate, which is a bit rich for Inane. I prefer milk.... Still, hasn't helped my craving for all things sweet today, and despite my trip to the gym, it hasn't gone away...

All began on Saturday night - went to a friends' dinner party - all couples and very grown up - but at the insistence of the host, we polished off the booze - I did my bit with half a bottle of port! Very sweet! (Of course, my "No Beer" trial is still going well - the lager cravings have passed, the only thing I am having trouble with now is the cost of other drinks!)

Funny, now that I am no longer indulging in my favourite sour beverage, I've developed something of a sweet tooth, which i did not have previously - chocolate has never really bothered me - is there something in lager that my body actually liked, and is now lacking in...? Better stop there, I'm developing a cold sweat... (for real!)


Inane thought - actually, the more I think about it, the more I realise the old desk calendar has been rather interesting of late. Thursday we had a print space shuttle, which is you think about it is rather a cool design for a paper aeroplane (may get around to making that one) whilst Friday's entry was a full shot (I don't know the technical term, the picture filled the paper, right) of a TV screen - a retro 70's model rather like the one my Gran had at the time, if I am not mistaken (black and white, of course)

2 Comments:

Blogger Scattergun said...

So you've gone from lager onto port?! You'll be getting gout, next...

4:07 PM

 
Blogger Scott said...

Where has Inane gone? No post's for over a week, has he been seen? Spending too much time with Jim perhaps?

5:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home