The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

25.8.05

Anyone for ice-cream?

Enjoying the respite from the rain (now sadly over) I spent lunch out on the grass near the office. From there, I have been watching (which much merriment) attempts to stop an ice cream van selling its wares at a popular spot near St Pauls for the last few weeks of summer. Every lunchtime I sit and see a certain van being moved along by the City's finest, only for an almost identical van to sweep into the same spot seconds later. And repeat. This farce keeps me enteratined throughout the day (not just lunchtime) as said vans make their escape from the law past our window...

Now I wouldn't buy the ice-cream (not since the Rash episode) as the pirates are obviously coining it in and don't need my supoport. From a so-called "moral" point of view I do feel sorry for the police though (no, really!) as they just seem baffled by the simplicity of this operation (clue: they communicate by mobile phone!) However, I personally can't see the harm in this trade, but I would probably be told that the ice cream is funding drugs or a prostitution racket elsewhere... but if you cannot stop an ice cream van, what help have we got against anyone more sinister...

Just a thought



Another thought: are Mondays really so bad?

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Sorry to break it to you, but ... http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-1/112365450794910.xml&coll=1

5:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home