The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

23.8.05

Boiler

Must be a week for things breaking down/technological gubbins not working...

First, there is the lack of mobile communication issue (hopefully soon to be resolved, before I seek counseling). Then I think my cassette walkman is on the brink of permanent breakdown (bored with iPod currently - need some new music so have reverted to what I thought was simpler more reliable technology)...

Well, they say these things come in threes, and finally, as I stepped into the shower this morning I met with the third (or so I thought). Seriously it seemed my boiler had broken down, so much so spent twenty minutes pratting around the flat (half dressed) turning hot taps on and off in an attempt to get the shower going, and gradually carefully selecting the words and phrases for my rant to the landlord on the phone (landline, because no mobile etc.....) once I got into work an hour late as a concequence... Fortunately none of that was to be, as after finally taking the icey cold plunge, I used a cold tap (why had I not thought that would work?!!) and it got the water pressure going enough for the boiler to kick in with the hot water....


Other news: this happened near where I work today (sort of) - might go and have a 'butchers' (geddit?) tomorrow lunchtime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home