The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

3.7.05

Ten Kay

Have completed the British 10K around the London first thing this morning. Needless to say, my legs are tired, and my brain is following suit. Was fun though (if you like inflicting pain on yourself in the name of health and fitness...)

Apparently I was in quite a state when I finished - Jess found me at the finish line, and spoke to me for five minutes before I began to take it in...

First major trial of the iPod Suffle was a success! This was the soundtrack to my run:

Shout (12" mix) - Tears for Fears
Train - Goldfrapp
Blinded by the Lights - The Streets (approx. 2K - had to fast forward after a while as it was spaced out and I my mind was already wandering dark recesses for sources of energy by this point)
Strict Machine - Goldfrapp
White Shadows - Coldplay
Somewhere only we know - Keane
Na-na-na-na-nah - Kaiser Chiefs
Turn up the Sun - Oasis
Get the Message - Electronic
Why don't we do it in the road? - The Beatles (REALLY, I'm not making this up, as I hit the 8K mark, the irony was not lost on me!)
The Hand that Feeds - Nine Inch Nails
Utopia - Goldfrapp (rather a lot of Goldfrapp actually, but it was easy to run to)
Do you remember the first time? - Pulp (yep, and I beat my time by over six minutes!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home