The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

21.6.05

Stange happenings

Friday:

Was woken by the sound of paint being scraped off doors below at 7am. Not that I was that botheredm, as it wqas a beautiful day and I had to be up not long after anyway, but who starts work at 7am? Had a nosey through the window on the way out and saw workmen were painting the flat (it's a bit shabby in there!) - obviously empty too? So what happened to the student type? Also, number of "For Sale" boards has doubled so could be a whole new ground floor soon...

...still no sign of occupant of flat oppossite, although City boy is continuing to come and go at erratic hours...

Later: returned from pub to remember cupboards were nearly bare so popped into 24 hour Tesco for a few items - have just found the receipt and this is a classic list of items purchased by someone pissed:

Ketchup
Fresh milk (2 pints)
Stayfresh White Loaf
Hawaian Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza
Nesquick - Strawberry
Walkers Beef and Onion crisps
Sausages

I only found the ketchup last night, after thinking earlier that I didn't even have any to go with my sausages... that's what six pints of the fantastic Samuel Smith's Ayingerbrau (a.k.a. Man in a Box) will do to you!

Saturday:

Flat heats up - candle melts of its own accord - hangover kicks in

On my way out of Los Lewisham (rechristened there and then on account of the heat), past all the topless scrawney extra-white guys outside the pub, and down to the bus station, I pass over The Quaggy - Lewisham's own little river, which in appearence is remakably similar to Los Angeles' own storm drain. Honestly. It being a pleasant day, I spyed a tramp daring to wade through the strong current of the Quaggy, looking for cash deposited by small children in the way of wishes on its bottom. Either that, or he was a troll from under the bridge collecting his taxes...

Later, attended Footballer's Wives theme party in Balham (I'm not going there, except to say that I looked very dapper!) - ended up drunk (again), and had a long discussion about the merits of Carravagio...

Sunday:

Ate Shepherds Pie on the hottest day of the year - very strange!

Today:

I was in the haunted loo at work - nothing ghost related to report, but someone started whistling the Imperial Theme from Star Wars, only it was the version from the end of EpisodeII/Episode III - this left me troubled as I'm not sure as to which one of us was the sadder for knowing that....

So tired - so hot at night and cannot sleep - enjoyed forty winks by St Pauls and woke up thinking I was in Australia (eh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home