The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

3.1.06

2005 vs 2006

2005 went by way to fast - and everyone I talk to seems to agree with me (of all ages, well, adult ages - my nephew just looked at me like I was some sort of mad man when I asked him)

Is the pace of life just getting faster? Will 2006 be slower? Is there anything we can do to hold on to it a little longer?

I blame rolling 24 hour news myself....

Resolution No. 2 therefore is: live slower


***


Other inane thoughts I've had over the festive period:

Will I ever find anyone to play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit with me?

Why did I leave The Aviator, Greenwich on July 9th, Shameless and Jem off my various pointless yet fun end of the year lists?

Yet again, will my boiler still work when I get home?

How will Dad (60 today!) react to forced entry into a stip bar in Amsterdam on my brother-in-law-to-be's stag do this upcoming weekend, when I myself am not looking forward to the prospect - in fact, I'd rather find myself in a coffeehouse with Dad than suffer the embarrassment?

(Follow on thought: How would Dad react to THAT?!)

How was I persuaded to play Westlife TWICE during my latest return to DJ-ing on Boxing Day? I mean, HOW? ME? Westlife???

Why was the BBC countdown to midnight clock so woefully out of kilter with Big Ben on New Years Eve? (Or had I had to much to drink?)


Happy New Year to all and Best Wishes for 2006!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scattergun said...

Westlife?! Lo, the mighty have fallen and are truly humbled. It'll be S Club 8 next, just you wait...

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home