The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

13.10.05

Royal Albert

I've been lacking in inane thoughts since my return to colder climes, so here's one that I overheard last night when Jess and I went to see Eels at the Royal Albert Hall:

Eels fan #1*: (looking around the glorious Royal Albert Hall) 'Ere mate, wonder how much this place cost?
Eels fan #2: I don't know, but it's a shame it's full of cockneys?!

Indeed...

(I kept stumm, not wanting to embarrass myself with my non-regional rather posh no longer Northern** or working-class sounding accent...)


* This number does not denote the order of fanaticism in these fans - for all I know fan #2 might have been a bigger fan of the Eels for a lot longer, and owned more of their records - this number merely signifies the order in which they spoke...

** Okay, admittedly it is a little more mad fer it when I've had a few shandys...

1 Comments:

Blogger Scattergun said...

"A much nicer day than today! The view of Highland Links in Truro..." WTF? Lordy...

Anyway, what's the Eels recent stuff like? Any good?

3:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home