The everyday musings and mishaps of a guy now nearly thirty, living, working, and playing in London. Only duller...

17.1.06

Stag vs Hen

Five inane thoughts (plus one so I guess that's six) I had last weekend in Amsterdam:

1. Who thought a rodent was a good symbol for a local chain of supermarkets?
2. Who thought Comfort was a good name for a bank?
3. Live sex shows? Is there anything that's less sexy?
4. What's wrong with going to a museum when you are suppossed to be on the stag, particualrly if half the party is still in bed and it's two in the afternoon? (And I more than made up for it later, when everyone burnt out and went to bed early!)
5. Double decker trains are quite cool...

Will my boiler STILL work when I get home? (Answer this time NO! And I've been without adequate hot water or heating ever since...)

Five inane thoughts I had this weekend in London:

1. Is brown a good colour for a new suit?
2. Was crashing my sister's Hen night okay on the first night? (particularly as no-one seemed to mind as they were having a night cap in the hotel bar after seeing a show, before gearing up to what was the main event, i.e. the second night, which I stayed well clear of! And I wanted to see my family on one of their rare trips to the capital)
3. Why is it so busy out? It's only two weeks after New Year and everyone is suppossed to be broke...?
4. Is All Bar One really as bad as I've been making out all these years, or is my sudden acceptance of it as "alright" indicative of my older age?
5. White wine is evil. Period.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Never an excuse for owning a brown suit. ABO are still souless, heartless establishments. Live sex shows? Is there anything that's less sexy? Not really. But can still manage to be boring and compelling in equal measure.

12:38 PM

 
Blogger Inane said...

It's quite a cool looking brown suit - more Paul Smith than Doctor Who! (and no, sadly it's not Paul Smith!)

3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home